Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Man with a Plan, let the fun begin

Hello all,

Ok, so my first Half Marathon (http://www.mainemarathon.com/) on October 5th is a little over 15 weeks away and my training plan has started and I am psyched. I am using the Hal Higdon Half Marathon Novice Plan as a template but I am increasing the mileage since it has me starting with a lot of base work that I have already done.

So far everything is going great; I enjoy the 3-4 runs during the week that I have been getting 3-5 miles out of, the 8 mile runs on Friday morning and the Long Slow Runs (LSR) on Sunday’s. I am hoping to get my LSR to 14 miles and use the 5 mile runs on Saturday as Tempo runs. I am trying to keep myself to a goal of “To Finish” but I am also hoping that if I prepare myself correctly I can not only finish but do so in a competitive time.

As an update to the Boston Marathon, I met with Dave S. to discuss the fundraising goal and we are shooting to have the Blog up and running by mid August and send out our first mailing by 09/01/2008.

Cheers,

Tim D

No comments: