Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Week 10 update

Wow it is hard to believe that the Boston Marathon is 68 days away, as much as I am looking forward to the day getting here, I need as much time to train as possible. The training is going very well and I am feeling very confident at this point that my plan is preparing me for the race.

I am averaging about 35-40 miles per week with 5 runs per week. I have gotten up to 17.5 miles on my Sunday morning runs which are very time consuming and eats up the majority of my day. The thing about my long runs that are keeping me positive is that the pace has been right on, I did 16 on the race route at my MP and I did 17.5 this past Sunday on a very hilly route at MP+45.

So at this point the miles pick up to 18, 19, 20 then 22 and this is where I will push my training to the max but it will make the marathon all that much easier (who am I kidding?). My next test is the Hyannis Half Marathon on 02/22. This is a flat course and with my new fueling plan I am looking to run the firs 5 miles at 9:10-9:15 and if that feels good I will continue that steady pace through 11 and then give the last 2 miles 100% of what I have to get a new PR. If the 9:15 doesn’t seem possible then I will settle back into a slower 9:40 pace and enjoy the race.

Cheers,
Tim

1 comment:

Mary McManus said...

It's only how many days away to Boston? Wow-we are on a very similar training plan although I must admit you are way faster than Team McManus - and it's all good because we want to Just Finish, right? Looking forward to meeting you at the Hyannis Marathon. I'll wear my Just Finish T shirt. Safe and happy running and see you at the finish line!