Monday, August 10, 2009

Week in review

Hello,

Last week was a pretty good week. Due to the demands of that dam full time job I wasn't able to get in my normal Wednesday run but with 4 runs for the week I did close to 24 miles. My runs on Tuesday and Thursday were only 3.5 but I ran them at a sub-9 pace with some real quick mile splits. I got out on Friday for a 5 mile loop in the woods and then back there on Sunday for 2+ loops in trails for 11. It was a nice run, I have been listening to Trilogy Running for the first time and the podcast helped me pass the time.

Here is a question to the 2 people that read my blog, how many of you treat your long runs as the top priority for the week? How many of you live for the "alone time" that comes with a run past 60 minutes? I really enjoy these runs and I know I am really selfish but this time whether on the road or in the woods is time I guard and I don't want to give it up for anything. This long run is my church, it is my therapist. I have solved a lot of the worlds problems on these runs and sorry to say I can't see myself giving up this time for anyone (ok, if Eva Longoria wanted join me I might make an exception).

Cheers,
Tim

2 comments:

pathfinder said...

Tim,

I do look forward to my long runs and am not too happy when a set of events (like this weekend) prevents me from getting it in.
I like my long runs to be mostly trail but am willing to mix in some roads if need be. On average 1.5 - 2 hours in length

The Boring Runner said...

You know, my long runs are normally my priority. However, it seems that within the last two weeks, I'm feeling a bit conflicted. That said, I'm not about to give up my "me" time. I treat it just like you do. AND, I'm a bear to live with if I can't get it in.