Tuesday, November 17, 2009

First real week of running

Hello,

Well last week was my first full week back of running and it went ok. I got 20 miles in with nothing more then 5 miles. I did a 5 miler on the road on Tuesday that felt great (still higher then normal HR) and a 4 mile trail run on Friday then went well but my 5.4 miler in the woods on Sunday felt like I was running with 20lb ankle weights.

Last week I picked up my invitational entry for the 110th Boston Marathon from my running club and hand delivered it on the 11th to the BAA office in Hopkinton. I was really shocked to see that the registration closed on the 13th almost 2.5 months ahead of last years closing. I am very fortunate to get the opportunity to run this race for the second year in a row. The entry I have came through my running club so I don't have to commit to raising money for a charity but I am going to still raise money for the Respite Center as I did last year.

So not a bad first week back

1 comment:

Mary McManus said...

I'm so excited that I'll be there to cheer you on and see you at the finish - I'm planning to volunteer for the BAA this year. Congratulations Tim! Glad to hear you're doing well.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family