Monday, January 11, 2010

Week 2 of Marathon Training

Hello,

So the week of 1/4 was what I thought was to be week 1 of Boston training but it appears I read my own matrix wrong and I started a week late. So this past week I jumped right into running every day except Monday and Saturday. I got in my Speed run (via the dreadmill) but missed my Tempo run because I let work control my schedule on Friday and took the easy out of doing a run on the dreadmill. I rested on Saturday in prep for my long run on Sunday. I awoke at 4:30AM to see the outside temp at a lovely 4 degrees so I dressed and got ready. I wanted to be running by 7AM but ran late so I started at 7:30 and since I was meeting a friend at 8:30 for the second part of my run my first 7 turned to 5. The run went nice, I thought I should shot for 10:45 to 11 minute pace (MP+45 to 60) but 10:20 seemed to be the pace my body demanded. I missed a loop in the second part due to talking so my back 7 became 6. Overall I did 11.5 in 1:57:45 and finished the last .5 @ a 7:50 pace. I finished the week @ 31 miles and felt good about it.

Tim

2 comments:

pathfinder said...

Ok Tim,

You lost me a bit in your explanation but in essense, it seems you got your milage...good luck with your training.

Unknown said...

nice job on the mileage this week. keep it up! You've got a great schedule laid out in front of you for 2010!