Thursday, February 4, 2010

Running Update

Hello, I know it has been a while so here is an update on my running as get ready to end my 6th week of training for Boston:

My runs during the week have been going well in regards to miles but quality in regards to getting in Tempo Runs and Speed/Hills workouts has lacked. These runs have turned into 10 min pace treadmill runs for no other reason then me being lazy.

I have done way more treadmill runs then I wanted to do but with work and life it has been hard to get outside when a lot of my runs have been late at night.

My last two long runs have been disasters; two weeks ago I made the “rookie” mistake of not watching what I ate the Saturday before my long run and ate Hot Wings, Chili and then McDonald’s for dinner the night before. So on my 15 mile run the next morning my stomach revolted and after two bathroom stops I called it quits at mile 8.

Last week I was all ready to redeem myself with a good run (due to the weather it was going to be on the treadmill) that Sunday. Well, thanks to a stomach bug that hit me on Saturday night, I only got 4 miles in on Sunday.

So with that said, I am back running this week, on the treadmill and I trying to get myself out of this funk. I am traveling to Freeport, ME this weekend so I am thinking I will do my 15-17 long run tomorrow so I only have to do 7-9 over the weekend while up in ME.

Cheers,
Tim

2 comments:

pathfinder said...

Tim,

You looking for a running mate in Freeport this weekend? Perhaps our schedules will co-operate this time?

Mary McManus said...

Dear Tim - I know you'll get out of the funk - it's so funny because I am about to blog about going through a recent funk with my life in general but then once I emerged I feel more passionate than ever about the marathon of life. Looking forward to seeing you in Hyannis! God bless and if you need an inspiration boost just remember my journey. Also, don't be hard on yourself - it's a challenge getting motivated when you are training alone. Can you hook up with some running buddies? Love ya