Thursday, May 20, 2010

Where have I been...

Well in the last couple of weeks I have been trying to get caught up on all of the spring chores around the house and on all of things I didn’t get to because of marathon training and because of that my running miles have suffered.

In my last post I stated that I was working on my diet and trying P90x. The diet is going “ok”, I am eating better but still don’t have the focus and time to micromanage my food intake but I have lost 5lbs and I think most of that is from the cutting back of bread and pasta. In regards to P90x, I have done 4 of the videos but I am finding it tough to stay focused during the workouts. It isn’t P90x it is me, I just have a hard time getting excited about something on the TV to motivate me to follow along without going “hey look at the cobweb let me go look at it” or anything else to distract me. See with running that isn’t an issue, I have a goal and once I start moving I keep going. So I have cut my running down to 3 times a week with nothing greater then 6 miles. I am still working out each day just not on the road or trail.

I have just picked up the TRX Suspension training system (www.fitnessanywhere.com) and I have used it 4 times so far and really like it. The TRX is a simple product that connects to any solid object that will support your weight and allows you to do numerous exercises that use your own body weight versus dumbbells or other weights. The tool is extremely portable and since there are no plates or bands to control the amount of weight/resistance you can jump from one exercise to another quickly. The best thing about the product is that it engages your Core on EVERY exercise you do and trust me I need that. I also like the thought that I can throw this in my backpack, go run in the woods, stop do a circuit on the TRX then run back home. I think this will be a great tool along with my kettlebells and P90x videos.

In regards to races, I have a 5k next week and a 4 miler in July but other then that I am not committing to anything while I focus on the weight loss and cross training.
Thanks

Tim

1 comment:

pathfinder said...

Yeah...I thought you lost your way or something. Good to see you are still training. Did you give up on Pineland?