Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Update on training…..

With less then 4 weeks to go until my first Half Marathon the training is going very well. I visited my kid sister in Kennebunk, Maine and ran 10 miles on Sunday morning on some of the flattest roads I have ever run. It was a nice run, beautiful farm lands, cool fall weather and clear skies. I am going to get three small runs in during this week and then do 12-13 miles on Sunday and then I think I am going to stop running for the two weeks.

I don’t want to risk injury so the thought is to rest the impact of the roads and swap the 3-5 mile runs out with 30-50 minutes of rowing or cross training and then work on yoga and stretching until the final week. I will replace the last two long slow runs with 1-2 hour sessions on the ARC Trainer to get the conditioning without the pounding of the road. Then the week of the race do two short 3-5 miles runs and rest the Friday and Saturday before the race. This should keep me rested and ready to run strong in Portland.

Cheers,
Tim

No comments: