Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Run for 2 hours, who would thought it was possible

In my training for the Portland Maine Half Marathon it was critical that I get 2 hours of running in to get myself use to it. This was a big milestone for me and I am really glad to have this under my belt.

I woke up at 4:30 AM on Sunday the 31st with the plan of hitting the road for 6:00 AM. The weather was perfect and I headed out to meet with Sherry and Dimitra for part of the run. We did the Mendon Road to Quaker to School then 122 to Church Street route. This is normally an 8 mile run and I added 3 miles to it by going down my road.

Well with this run and no injury to my calf from this an even better run. I feel very comfortable at this point that I can complete the half marathon, now I just need to stay healthy.

Tim

No comments: