Monday, March 2, 2009

20 is a magical number

After last weeks half marathon in Hyannis I set back into my normal four 5 mile runs through the week and things went well. In looking at the weather report for the upcoming weekend I decided to move my normal Sunday long run to Saturday because of the pending show storm coming in on Sunday. I teamed up this week with a new runner, Aimee, she is also training for Boston and had 16 scheduled for the week. So to accommodate her needs and mine, I simply met her 1.5 miles into the run and plan to run 16 with her then head home for 19.

We had great weather, about 35 degrees and some headwinds but overall very pleasant. I committed this run to stick to my fueling religiously and not add any additional fuel and that worked very well. My second goal was to run this between 10:30 and 10:45 pace and I was able to do that. So due to some bad mapping on my part the 19 turned into 20 and the last three was UPHILL so with 20 miles in 3:29:39 I was thrilled with the run and the progress made with training. Then the best reward came on Sunday when there wasn’t an alarm clock in the house turned on and I could sleep in.
So another good week of 37 miles on the books and I am looking forward to this weeks training (I know I am sick in the head)…

Cheers
Tim

1 comment:

Mary McManus said...

Great training run! This Sat it's supposed to be sunny and in the 50's. Yeah! Here's to great training runs..God bless and be well and run safe.