Thursday, April 9, 2009

not a bad night

So I went to see Dr. Ledesma at Central Mass Podiatry and had some x-rays taken of the right foot and nothing was found for breaks. He was able to adjust my orthotic with some foam on the inside to see if we can make it fit better. He thinks it is a soft tissue problem on the outside of the foot from over training. So I am just going to suck it up and put my toe on the line in Boston and ignore the pain. 

Then tonight I went to the local High School with my wife and son (Alex) and Gracie the bulldog. I ran along side my son as he did the .35 mile loop on his bike. I did a nice 2 mile jog with no issues/pain. The highlight of the night and my training to date was when my son asked to run with me and him and I ran the .35 loop together. He had to stop a few time, but didn't we all we just started out, I did.

It was nice to look down at him and think that I hope that we will be able to do this together again for years to come.

Have a good night and hug your kids if you can because it is a tough job that is 24/7 but the simple things make it worth the effort.

Tim

4 comments:

pathfinder said...

Tim,

It is great to run with a family member. My wife just started running and it is a wonderful thing to see her progress.

Of course my son's and daughter have run for years so it is I trying to keep up with them.

Tim Doiron a.k.a "Derv" said...

my little guy is 6 so I am hoping for a future training partner.

The Boring Runner said...

That is great. Someday... Someday...

Mary McManus said...

Oh Tim that is a beautiful post. And I can just see you and your little guy running together! Enjoy this week and know that all is well and in Divine Order and there is going to be so much to celebrate after we each get that medal for our first marathon knowing that we ran not only for ourselves but for others who need care and help and hope and love.