Friday, May 1, 2009

Back on the roads..

Well, I can say I am fully recovered from my 26.2 mile run on Patriot's day and when I look back I actually fared pretty well. I went out this past Sunday with my friend Rhonda for a very leisurely 5 run and it was what I needed to get the kinks out. I then decided a 4 mile run in the 93 degree heat to make sure my sweat glands were working and to remind me why I like running in 5 degrees over 93 degrees. I then did a great 5 mile run at 9:25 pace for all 5 and then a nice hill run yesterday.

So I got my running back now I just need to remember the cross training. So today I dusting off the bowflex, the bosu ball and kettlebell for a good weight workout. I need to get ready for the "half marathon challenge" next weekend. I am also thinking of doing the 100 push up challenge, anybody want to do it with me?

Oh, and this weekend I am going to Providence to watch my friend run his first half marathon. I am going to watch him off then run 6 miles downtown and then catch up with him at mile 9 or 10 to pace him in, now that is my idea of a good Sunday morning.

Cheers,
Tim

1 comment:

The Boring Runner said...

Whenever I think of bowflex, I think of Chuck Norris.