Thursday, May 28, 2009

Who runs at lunch?

Hello,

I have a day job because I can't seem to win the Powerball and I just can't seem to get out of bed during the week at 5 AM for a run so I have to run at lunch. Now call me weird but I actually rally like my lunch time runs. My office has a full service fitness center with showers and lockers so on most days I go over there with my friend Jill and we run between 3 and 5 miles depending on how we feel and what our schedules are like for the day. Now I work from home 2 days a weeks so this routine is my Monday, Tuesday and Thursday plan. I know that a lot of people do this but am I weird that I actually prefer these runs over sitting in the Cafe eating?

This weeks running has been a lot better then the prior week, the issue is purely mental and I guess this week I just have my head in the game.

Tim

3 comments:

Mary McManus said...

That is so awesome Tim - glad you're back in your game. You know I think there is a long mental recovery time after running a marathon - how awesome you have found a way to work out a great routine. See you soon and hugs to the family.

The Boring Runner said...

I sweat like a greased pig when I run, so even with a shower, I doubt I could ever pull off the lunch runs.

Anonymous said...

That's great that you have access to a conveniently located fitness center and that you can work out during the day. I bet it's a great feeling not having to worry about your run after work.