Friday, May 22, 2009

Sorry for not updating my blog, no excuses

So, work has been insane, t-ball, end of the school year events and general family and household responsibilities have kept me busy. That I have had a real hard time staying focused on anything lately. My running quality has been crap, without a running plan I have turned a lot of 8 mile plans into 3 and a lot of 3 into 0. I have had some runs were I felt that this was my forst run ever and that has been tough. I did get to run 7 miles with Chris Russell and Buddy the wonder dog on the trails around my house and that was a good time. I learned a few things, these were things I knew but ignored. One was that I need to remind myself that I like to run and to run for that reason not to hit a target pace etc. The next thing is that I need to leave the gadgets at home and enjoy the experience of running and see what happens to my speed when I don't focus on it. The next thing is that maybe my best 5k pace of 8 minute mile is that pace because I have never tried to run a 7:00 minute pace and I need to just make that jump.

So, I ran a 5k in the 90 degree weather last night "naked", no Suunto, no Garmin nothing and it was really weird. The heat bothered me some and not nowing how far I was in the course was strange but I ran a 25:50 which when I think about it wasn't that bad, not a PR but enough of a positive experience that I will try that again.

So this weekend I plan to run on Sunday morning with just my HRM and run for 90 minutes and see what happens. I also took my road bike out today for the first time and I am going to try to go for 90 minutes on that tomorrow.

So more to come, let me know your thoughts.

Tim

1 comment:

The Boring Runner said...

I have a really hard time without a race on the short term horizon. It seems that without some sort of structured plan or goal I can’t get any consistency in training. So, my suggestion is to sign up for something!