Monday, February 8, 2010

da funk.....

After the last two weeks of running were my LSR were “crap” pun intended I was hoping this past week would be a redeeming week. I normally take Monday’s off for rest but since I barely ran on Sunday I jumped in on Monday for a 4 mile run, I did 6 on Tuesday, took Wednesday off then did 5 on Thursday in my new shoes and then 10 on Friday followed by 6 on Saturday and 7 on Sunday.

I have been running in New Balance 769 for the last 2 years and decided I wanted to try something lighter and more Neutral so I found a pair of Zoot Ultra TT 2.0 shoes (http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Zoot-Ultra-Running-Shoe/dp/B001Q5RNX0) from online for $56 and decided to try them. I wore them on Thursday for a 5 mile run on the treadmill and they felt nice, so on my 10 miler on Friday I wore them and they have been on my feet ever since. I like the feel of them and at $56 I might get a second pair.

I was in Maine over the weekend and had to fit my running in with family obligations so my run on Saturday was on the treadmills at Planet Fitness in Portland where I am positive 80% of those there were there to show off there body in an attempt to hook up and or find a mate. I had made plans to run 7-9 with Kevin (http://kmark9.blogspot.com/) on Sunday but those plans got scratched, I am sure he and I will hook up once before the Pineland Farm Challenge to run someday? So me and the family departed from Maine on Sunday morning with Starbucks in hand and returned to MA. I was able to get 7 miles in that afternoon so not a bad day and I am happy with 38 miles for the week.
This week I am going to rest today and tomorrow I am going to do my speed workout and on Thursday I am going to run the parking garage at my office for hill repeats. Now my runs have been in a funk and I think the reason is 99% mental, I am a social creature and my runs lately have been on my own so my mind has been able to trick me to stop every mile or so for a few seconds to re-group my thoughts then start back up which isn’t a big deal but it is throwing my concentration off. I am also fighting a dull pain in my lower left that I need to just deal with and I am letting that win. So to fight back this Sunday I am going to find someone to run my 17 miler with since I run best when I forget about running and run my “trap” for the whole time. So that is the plan, now can I stick to it is the question?

Cheers,
Tim

No comments: