Monday, March 15, 2010

Training update, got to love "dial back weeks"

Hello,

Hard to believe that as of today I am 41, wow the year flew bye. So last weeks running was nice, I sensed my body needed a little rest so I gave it to it, I only did 4 runs for 30 miles. I did 5 on Tuesday, 5 on Wednesday and missed my Thursday run due to work. On Friday due to meetings I only got 5 miles in but I did it with splits that dropped each mile with an 8:30 finish for the last mile. The weather in NE for this past weekend was not very good, we had monsoon rains and winds so I decided to try out my new treadmill (killed the latest one, so that was 2 used treadmills dead in 12 months). I set up the new treadmill in the spare bedroom along with mounting a 19 inch TV/DVD combo unit on the wall and did 15 miles in 2:38:23. I wanted to do 18 but mentally I got bored and the family wanted to go for dinner.

So the next two weeks are big weeks for me with an upcoming 20 miler this week and 21 next week with 40-45 mile weeks. I will let everyone know how things progress this week for training and I am sure having the better treadmill just down stairs will help.

Tim

3 comments:

pathfinder said...

over 2 hrs on a treadmil...that is commitment!

Tim Doiron a.k.a "Derv" said...

Kevin, it beats 2.5 hours in wet cold rain with 15mph headwinds, a good movie helps also.

Mary McManus said...

Happy Birthday Derv! Go Tim Go -- I'm getting excited for you!