Thursday, June 25, 2009

Race report

Ok, HUMIDITY SUCKS and I don't like it. I ran the trail race on the trails I love and it almost ruined the experience. I ran it with my friend Jill and we went out to fast for Jill and it took the second mile to try and bring her HR down. I then got some cramps and I kicked myself for not preparing for the heat with some Endorolyte tablets. Well we sloshed through the next two miles and move from the back up a little with a few passes and finished ok but way off my PR of a 45:08 on that course with a 49:45. 

So, not my greatest run but I did walk away with the thought I am going to enjoy that route and not race it. 

Tim

2 comments:

Mary McManus said...

Ah the lessons and blessings on life's journey. Thanks for sharing!

The Boring Runner said...

Hey, look at it as a good training experience. You learned not to forget the salt!