Friday, July 31, 2009

back in the saddle, hate not feeling well

Ok, so after my less then perfect run last Sunday where the hills of Northbridge made a 10 mile run into 8.5, just ran out of steam. So I took Monday off as I normally do and then Tuesday the heat and obscene humidity set in and made the lunch time run just not something I wanted to do and the next opportunity to run was at 9:30 PM and that wasn't going to happen. On Wednesday I got hit with a stomach bug and migrane that stuck around till under just yesterday.

So today was the first time I felt up to a run and boy was it nice to get out there. I went out to my favorite trail since the humidity had broken it was a great run. I did a relaxing run at 76% MHR and listened to Phidip 197, who could ask for a better run. After coming out of the woods the light sprinkle that I felt was actually a downpour that was being sheltered by the big trees. So my last .67 mile was in a down pour. Nothing beats the motivation of a downpour to get the last pace in at sub 9 pace.

So I am back from feeling like crap and look to get 5-8 tomorrow and 10-12 on Sunday.

Cheers,
Tim

1 comment:

pathfinder said...

we all have those moments when running is not fun....but relatively speaking, those times make the good runs feel better